This light dressing is versatile, with just a change of fresh herbs; cilantro, parsley or mint. Or, try of combination of several herbs to compliment your salad ingredients. The key here is using fresh lemon juice and balancing it with a small amount of natural sweetener.
Note: As prepared, this will be a very light dressing. If you would like to make it more substantial, simply add more olive oil, about 1/4 cup more. Or, my favorite, add 1/4-1/2 of a ripe avocado before adding the olive oil.
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (2 large lemons)
- zest of 1 organic lemon
- 5-6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (or coconut palm sugar or agave)
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves (or flat leaf parsley or mint)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 ripe avocado (optional, but highly recommended)
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients, except the olive oil, in a blender.
- Process ingredients for 30 seconds.
- Add the olive oil, a few tablespoons at a time, until fully combined.
- Adjust with additional salt and pepper, if needed.